Saturday

Wardrobe Organising

This isn't the most exciting of titles for a blog but having a clean organised wardrobe makes a huge difference.  Ladies wether it's yours your thinking of doing or your better half's it's so rewarding to have a clear out and cull all clothing you don't wear any more and sort out the items you are keeping into manageable piles or hanging space.

Wether you have a small wardrobe with a few shelves or drawers, a bigger version with shelves and hanging rail or the luxury of a walk in wardrobe any space can look in order.

After getting a new wardrobe myself recently, my clothes have been folded, stowed away and hung by colour range.  I decided to tackle my boyfriends clothes.


My pet hate as I'm sure is every stylist's or fashion fiend's is wire hangers.  I know people get excited about getting them from the dry cleaners but they do nothing for your clothes.  There is no proper support in them to hold your clothes or give the correct shape they need. E.g. shirts and tailored pants.




It's best to invest in either wooden or plastic ones and for special items even vintage pieces, cushioned fabric hangers. 


After throwing out all of the wire hangers and replacing them with wooden and plastic ones I then organised all of my boyfriends shirts into colour order.  I know this might seem a bit over the top but it's a great way of being able to view what you have and find what you want straight away.



Next I tackled his shelves of tops.  I also sorted these into colour order and placed t-shirts on two shelves, light jumpers and board shorts on the lower and heavier jumpers on the upper shelf.  Belts and other accessories I placed on the shelf under the shirts.


I think I became this obsessed about organising clothes like this while I work in a shop a few years ago as a junior VM.  Everything had to be folded perfectly and the hangers had to be finger spaced apart, which you can see the benefit of.
I think it's a vast improvement and my boyfriend was very pleased with how it looks.  Let's just hope it lasts.

22 comments:

  1. Wow, your closet is so organized... I'm jealous!! (: You have an amazing blog... we followed!!

    xoxo,
    Olivia from The Glamour Girls
    http://theglamourgirls1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovelies. So nice to finally have everything nice and neat! Great blog also, pretty much want every single item you talk about!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun thanks for the birthday wish. How amazing does your wardrobe look love a good tidy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is guilt-tripping me to go back and sort out my wardrobe again (a twice-yearly occurrence). Gosh, it might take me all day to get it looking as good as this again!

    xx T

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really need to be better at organizing. love this!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being organised makes such a difference!! good post!! I followed on google, check out my new blog if you fancy?? The thing is wooden hangers look best but they are quite pricey, even in my local tesco.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell me about Fianna, wooden ones over here aren't that cheap either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. go you girrl! looks super SO good!! im anal about my wardrobe too, has to be looking fab at all times hehe! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. i need to do some serious organising x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post, thanks for sharing:)

    and i'm following you now, hope you like my blog too xx

    Love,
    Nee
    ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow looks great, great job x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeez your boyfriend is lucky to have a girlfriend that will do that for him. Agree with you that every wardrobe needs a cleanout, and NO WIRE HANGERS. They are evil. Lovely blog, just found you and am now following.

    Happy New Year from London
    www.southmoltonststyle.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. so neat and tidy!
    I've been looking for a new blog to follow for
    ages and I think yours is it!
    This post is great and i'm going to have to
    go back through old posts now.

    I hope you can check mine out and maybe even follow

    Kendra
    xx

    www.stoleninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Kendra. I am a bit of a freak when it comes to keeping things ship shape!
    I actually have another blog (this is more of my work one) but feel free to check out the other... x

    http://everythingsalt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow it looks amazing! Come over and do mine haha.
    Mine's a bomb site...dresses and shoes everywhere...

    xStace
    TEE&FAME

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am the same as you. I have to organize my closet by type, color, sleeve length, etc. You did a great job and he probably appreciates it a lot!

    welivedourlivesinstyle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done dear, I´m sure he´ll appreciate the work you´ve done and how great everyone looks now!

    www.superclementina.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. Though being a typical guy the organisation doesn't last long! Not to my standards anyway...haha! x

      Delete
  18. Looks so much better! That it def something that is way overdue for me..needs to be done (tomorrow maybe) haha.

    x
    Valentina de Pertis

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a good post... defiately something i need to do with my so called wardrobe, ha! xo

    pebbz | www.pebbzblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks great! I'm so obsessed when it comes to organising clothes too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks really good.. I need to sort mine out lol x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete